The air travel flow of passengers in the Dominican Republic exceeded 7.5 million as of June 2018, while registering an increase in relation to the first six months of 2017.
According to the Dominican Institute of Civil Aviation (IDAC), as of June 2018, the country registered a movement of exactly 7,584,070 passengers through its eight international airports.
In comparison to June 2017, there has been an increase of 334,867 passengers.
Air Travel Flow Breakdown
Not all the passengers are equal, so here is a breakdown of the air travel flow to the Dominican Republic as of June 2018.
- A total of 6,7 million passengers were mobilized on regular flights.
- Of these, 3.3 million were passengers who arrived at the Dominican air terminals.
- Meanwhile, 812,896 passengers came through charter flights.
- Of these, about 397,593 arrived in the country and 415,303 departure
The airports with the highest traffic volume are:
- Punta Cana with 4,237,887;
- Las Americas International Airport, 1,824,746;
- Cibao International Aiport 753,672;
- Gregorio Luperon International Airport (Puerto Plata), 538,507 passengers.
They are followed in the same order by La Romana International Airport with 112,154; Catey with 97,482, and La Isabela with 19,622 passengers.