Veneers are a lasting, affordable, and quick cosmetic fix for imperfections in your teeth that prevent you from having the smile you have always wanted.
Who is an ideal candidate for veneers?
Veneers are a popular cosmetic treatment for smile makeovers or for individuals who want their dream smile.
Porcelain veneers are suitable for a large percentage of dental patients and the ideal candidate is someone that:
- Wants to fit minor cosmetic dental issues (cracks, chips, discolored teeth, gaps)
- Has have severely stained teeth
- Has healthy teeth and gums and good overall health
- Has healthy and sufficient tooth enamel for a strong bonding surface
- Has proper aligned teeth
- Practices a good dental hygiene
Individuals who bite their nails or grind their teeth are not ideal candidates for porcelain veneers, as these activities can cause the veneers to crack or chip.
Also, those who drink excessive coffee, bite down on hard foods such as nuts, seeds, or ice are not good candidates to have veneers if they do not take care of those habits.
Keep reading: Types