The Dominican Embassy in Spain tapped the upcoming 4th International Health and Wellness Tourism Congress, by publicly inviting all to join the main event of the industry in Latin America.
On a message posted on August 1st on the official Dominican Republic Embassy in Spain Twitter account @EmbRDMadrid, the entity displayed a banner from the event with a featured message:
“We invite you to know more about the 4th. International Health and Wellness Tourism Congress, to be held on September 5th to the 7th in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Sign up 👉🏽 http://congreso.adtusalud.org
Te invitamos a conocer más sobre el 4to. Congreso Internacional de Turismo de Salud y Bienestar que se celebrará del 5 al 7 de septiembre en Santo Domingo, República Dominicana. Regístrate aquí 👉🏽https://t.co/UOSD22zUgv #EmbajadaRDEsp #TurismoRD #RDLoTieneTodo pic.twitter.com/mpmzg9SmyF
— Embajada Dominicana (@EmbRDMadrid) August 1, 2018
The Dominican Embassy in Spain joins a large group of local and international hospital representatives, world-class medical travel leaders, business leaders, accreditation experts, that have shown support to the main Medical Travel meeting in Latin America.
Among the list, we can find:
- Amelia Reyes, a Public Relations expert and President of AF Comunicacion Estrategica.
- The Consular Corps and its Dean Enrique De Marchena Kaluche, an ex-President of the Association of Hotels and Tourism of the Caribbean (CHTA).
- Banco Popular Dominicano and Banreservas, the two largest entities of the Dominican banking sector.
- HOMS: Pioneers of Robotic Surgery in Central America and the Caribbean.
- Cap Cana, one of the best luxury resorts in Latin America.
- Medical Motion, a service company that acts as a bridge between medical travelers and clinics and doctors abroad.
- Casa de Campo, the most exclusive destiny in the Caribbean.
- Dr. Nepomuceno Mejia, one of the leading panelists at the 4th International Health and Wellness Tourism Congress. Currently, the knowledge and Innovation Administrator at Plaza de la Salud.
- Dr. Maite del Toro, a lawyer, specialized in Health Law and author of the first Medical Travel SWOT analysis in the Dominican Republic.
- Copa Airlines, the first major international airline that supports the Medical Travel industry in the Caribbean country.
- Francesco Fino, the Manager and Founding Partner of Medical Motion. He will moderate the panel denominated Attracting International Patients.
- Dr. Julio Castaños Guzman will host the Challenges and Opportunities of Human Resources panel.
- Leslee Thompson, CEO of Accreditation Canada and Health Standards Organization.
On October 17′, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MIREX) and the Dominican Health Tourism Association signed an alliance to promote the Dominican Republic as a high-quality and cost-effective Medical Travel destination.
According to the document, the embassies, consulates, and commercial offices that are certified abroad will support the activities that are conducted by the Dominican Health Tourism Association.
Moreover, and among other commitments, they will also hand out the Dominican Republic destination guide, as a way to inform “the medical advances and the updates of the health and wellness services, to favor tourists so that they have access to truthful information,” explained Minister Miguel Vargas at the time.