It’s no secret that a mouth full of whiter teeth provides benefits, the most obvious being – a brighter more attractive smile. Stains or overall discoloration tends to dull your smile, so regardless of how widely you smile or heartily you laugh, your expressiveness has missing something. Whiter teeth restore this missing dimension to your self-esteem.
What is the recovery time of teeth whitening?
Teeth may become temporarily sensitive to the cold drinks or foods after treatment.
Other symptoms like gum disconfort or sore throat may also appear, but they are temporary and fade shortly.
The aftercare is vital to maintain your results, and for the following 24 hours after treatment you must:
- Avoid any dark staining drinks like tea, coffee, red wine, coloured soft or alcoholic drinks and fruit juice.
- Avoid all dark staining foods like bolognese, soy sauce, red meat, chocolate and all fruit except bananas.
- Avoid any foods or drinks that would leave a stain on a white shirt.
- No smoking
- Avoid coloured toothpaste (red or blue) or mouthwash for 24 hours.
You are able to consume the following:
- Plain chicken
- Skinless turkey
- White fish
- White rice
- Plain pasta and white sauces
- Skimmed milk
- White lemonade
- White cheese
- White onion
- Egg whites
- Crustless white bread
- Rice Crispie
- Clear coconut water
- White low-fat yoghurt
- Clear alcohol mixed with clear mixers (gin and tonic, vodka and white etc)
Keep reading: Expectations